Undergraduate Admission to the Major in Urban Planning
This application process is for undergraduate students at the University of Utah. These students should also have completed all, or nearly all, the equivalent of the general education requirements at the University or Utah. Students may declare a major in urban planning during any semester.
The Admissions Office may be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (801) 581-7175. Please note the following guidelines:
1. Prior to being definitively classified as an urban planning major, students should have satisfied most of the University’s Lower Division Writing Requirement, the American Institutions Requirement, the Quantitative Reasoning QA requirement, the Diversity Requirements and the Intellectual Exploration requirements.
2. Students wishing to declare the undergraduate major in urban planning must also have completed, or be in the process of completing, two undergraduate urban planning courses.
3. Students who wish to declare a major in urban planning should meet with the departmental advisor to receive an orientation to the major. The urban planning advisor may be contacted at (801) 581-7175.
4. Students must fill out an undergraduate urban planning completion plan which may be obtained by clicking here. Please bring this plan with you to your advising session.
5. The urban planning major requirements can be completed in a two-year period, however most courses are offered only once per year. Courses for degree credit must not be below a C-. Planning core courses and upper division communication/writing courses must not be below B-.
6. You will not need to ask for any letters of recommendation.